'Cities in Action-Stories of Change’ publication just released!
Discover how 40 URBACT cities across Europe have brought positive impact in their population in terms of urban mobility, jobs and skills, reuse of abandoned spaces, climate adaptation, public procurement, digital transition, inclusion of migrants, poverty and sustainable use of land.
Learn more about the plans and actions they developed during their participation in Action Planning networks, how they involved local stakeholders in their work and how URBACT can help any kind of city.
This will surely incite you to apply for the Action Planning network call open from 7 January to 17 April 2019!
The Cities in Action-Stories of Change publication is available HERE.
Individual city stories are available as documents below.
- Aarhus (DK) - A welfare plan with a fresh approach to jobseeker support
- Baia Mare (RO) - What happens when a city gets its citizens involved?
- Bielefeld (DE) - Visioning sustainable urban mobility with users
- Bilbao (ES) - Smart specialisation in a post-industrial city
- Birmingham (UK) - Building a support network for a more active city
- Bordeaux (FR) - Strengthening economic ecosystems across a metropolis
- Brno (CZ) - Filling in the 'in-between' space with trust
- Burgas (BG) - Tree-planting boosts urban resilience and engagement
- Caen (FR) - Re-activating old buildings for local people's benefits
- Cartagena (ES) - An old fortress brings new cohesion
- Casoria (IT) - Breathing new life into abandoned spaces
- Fundão (PT) - Local products + healthy food = happy children: Fundão first food policy
- Gdańsk (PL) - Rethinking welfare from a neighbourhood level
- Gdynia (PL) - Trailblazing urban freight management
- Genoa (IT) - Using social media for citizen engagement
- Ghent (BE) - Inspiring a temporary use roadmap
- Heerlen (NL) - How residents and businesses are re-energising their city centre
- Hengelo (NL) - Turning a local vision into action for a vibrant city centre
- Kristiansand (NO) - From oil economy to digital hub
- Liepāja (LV) - Data, camera, action! A city's plan for active citizens
- Nantes (FR) - Sleeping beauty wakes up
- Naples (IT) - When locals reawaken big empty buildings
- Nyíregyháza (HU) - When it comes to digital, it's still about people
- Pays des Condruses (BE) - How local organic farms are feeding schoolchildren and jobs
- Petrinja (HR) - Ideas cafés and open-air classes: reclaiming public space
- Porto (PT) - Strenghtening the innovation ecosystem
- Prague 9 district (CZ) - Re-thinking procurement as a public good
- Preston (UK) - How to adapt public procurement to local needs, users and investors
You can also read the detailed article on the URBACT method and its benefits.
Submitted by URBACT on